Consider Dolphin Imaging For Your Dental Practice In Northern Virginia
Why Should You Consider Dolphin Imaging For Your Dental Practice In Northern Virginia?
Dolphin Imaging is a imaging solution for dental offices and orthodontic practices of all types and sizes. It offers services such as 3D imaging, treatment simulation, automatic preservation of original images, and much more. The software was designed by Patterson Dental Supply Inc. which is headquartered in California.
The Dolphin Imaging suite of software products is a collection of modules that together provide a comprehensive toolset for the dental specialty practitioner. You can easily manage 2D/3D images and x-rays, accurately diagnose and develop treatment plans, and effectively communicate and present cases to patients and referrals. It helps you work efficiently with colleagues on multidisciplinary cases.
What Features Does Dolphin Imaging Include?
Dolphin Imaging software is an FDA-cleared Class II medical device. It lets you effortlessly manage patient picture and x-ray images. You can organize photos into a standard layout that supports previewing, cropping, rotating, enhancing, and alignment into a single screen.
Dolphin Imaging supports TWAIN-compliant input devices and is compatible with industry-standard image formats. It facilitates the automatic importing of digital x-ray images.
It also includes a set of powerful and user-friendly tools for conveying treatment plans, and will help you communicate ideas to your patients.
ImagingPlus Is The Foundation of the Dolphin Product Suite
Dolphin’s ImagingPlus was carefully designed for quick learning and lets you effectively capture, organize and present image records.
It supports displaying live video and capturing snapshots from digital intraoral cameras such as the Schick USBCam and the DigitalDoc IRIS. You can:
- Snap your photos in sequence, and Dolphin automatically organizes them into a standard layout such as a composite of extraoral, intraoral and occlusal photos.
- Preview, crop, rotate, enhance and align photos into a single screen.
- Use enhancements including brightness, contrast, gamma hue saturation, and red-eye reduction.
- Drag and drop images from your file folders into Dolphin while keeping the original images preserved.
How Does Dolphin Imaging’s Treatment Planning Simulation Work?
A Treatment Simulation software module lets you plan, diagnose, and present cases from the lateral view. Multidisciplinary VTO Wizards (Visual Treatment Objective) include step-by-step interactive programs for quick and easy analyses and treatment planning.
Dolphin Treatment Simulation can be used for both orthodontic and surgery cases. It’s the perfect tool for interdisciplinary clinicians to visualize the outcome and work in concert.
Dolphin comes with an optional Orthodontic, Dental and Surgical Preview:
- Quickly re-contour the patient’s profile, such as the lower jaw, to show possible treatment outcomes by clicking and dragging your mouse.
- It simulates frontal views: maxillary impaction, mandibular reduction, etc.
- You can refine your results with detailed drawing tools, blend brush and more.
- Overlay images from a library of finished cases or teeth with a variety of appliances.
- Demonstrate how the patient might look with braces on, with straight teeth, or after a bleaching procedure.
- Use its Movie Morphing feature to demonstrate the transformation from pretreatment to simulated or actual post-treatment results.
- Print any image (such as panoramic x-ray) in 1:1 life-size with simple calibration.
- Display ceph tracings* created by Dolphin Imaging.
- Easily transfer images and layouts to Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and other programs.
- Compare images side-by-side.
- Export to many image file formats, and copy images to a Windows Clipboard.
- Email images to referrals.
- 2D DICOM support is optional.
* Ceph Tracing allows you to analyze cephalometric radiographs and create progress superimpositions quickly and accurately. Utilized by thousands of private practices throughout the world and most orthodontic and oral surgery training programs in North America, Dolphin Ceph Tracing dramatically reduces the tedious and time-consuming task of cephalometric tracing.
What Are The Technical Requirements For Running Dolphin Imaging?
Dolphin takes advantage of the latest Windows technologies. Some of these technologies don’t work under obsolete Windows operating systems (XP, Vista, etc.).
Therefore, Dolphin 11.95 isn’t supported under versions of Windows earlier than Windows 7 SP1. It supports Windows 10, 7 SP1, 8, 8.1, 10, Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2016 and 2019. (Remember that Windows 7 end of life and end of support for Server 2008/2008R2 is fast approaching on January 14, 2020. Contact us for more information about this.)
Dolphin recommends that you use Windows 10 and Server 2016 or 2019.
For all operating systems, Dolphin supports both 32- and 64-bit versions and supports Business, Pro, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions. The Dolphin 3D system requires 4GB of RAM and works best with 8GB.
Also, the fastest and highest quality rendering modes of Dolphin 3D require a 512 MB or more video card, based on one of these DirectX graphics engines or better: NVIDIA 8400 GS, ATI HD 5450 or Intel HD4600.
How Can We Learn If Dolphin Imaging Is Right For Our Dental Practice?
The Dental IT Specialists at NOVA Computer Solutions would be happy to provide an IT consultation to determine if Dolphin Imaging is something that you should consider.
In the meantime, to stay up to date on the latest IT news and information, visit our Blog. Here are a few articles to get you started:
Is Your Dental Practice In Northern Virginia Using Dentrix Mobile? If Not, Here Are 4 Reasons Why You Should
Thinking Of Buying A Dental Practice In DC or Northern Virginia?
Why Orthodontists Should Consider Ortho2 (Features/Benefits)
As a consultant to dental practices, I help my clients maximize what can be done with their technology to maximize production and profit.