18 Tips To Help You Get The Most From Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is a powerful tool to attract patients to your practice. However, it’s not always easy to know how to go about using it. What information should you post? Where should you post it? Should you use hashtags? We’ll help you navigate the social media landscape with the tips below.
This is the most popular social media site. Facebook marketing is essential today if you want to market your dental practice. What should you post? Essentially, anything that is helpful or interesting to your patients or leads.
1. Set up a Facebook profile about your business. You can include information in the About Section that tells users who you are and how long you’ve been practicing. Be sure to include your contact information and a link to your website. Also include photos of your office and staff, engaging copy, interesting dental articles.
2. If you work with vendors you’d like to promote, tag them and their products. The more information, the better. But keep it interesting and relevant to your patients and prospects. Engaging content is the key to finding new patients on Facebook.
3. Ask your satisfied patients for testimonials you can post on Facebook. Also, engage with those who like and follow you.
4. Use Facebook to promote any sales on services, events you hold or attend, and any awards or honors you or your staff have received.
5. Include a link to your Facebook Page on your website, in emails, sales letters, newsletters, and other collateral materials. Spread a “wide net” to attract as many followers to your Page as possible.
6. And remember to include a Call To Action so people know how to contact you.
Twitter can be very useful for dentists. It provides a fast-paced, real-time engagement for patients and prospects.
7. Unlike with Facebook, your posts must be less than 280 characters. If you want to include an article, you’ll need to provide a website for readers to link to.
8. Include photos, engaging content and a call to action. Use the hashtag symbol (#) before a relevant keyword or phrase to categorize your Tweets and to help them stand out. Use them to promote events or promotions. For example, if you’re holding an online event to educate children about teeth brushing, use a hashtag like #kidsbrush. Then people can follow your hashtag wherever you place it.
Instagram is popular because of its visually appealing presence.
9. Set up an Instagram Business Profile for your dental practice. Be sure to include information about your location and contact information. Link your profile to your website. It also provides users with a way to see how others are engaging with you.
10. You can also use hashtags and location tags to organize photos and improve search functions. This is where you want to share Interesting photos that highlight your dental practice. Include engaging captions that share where you are and how to reach you.
11. Add hashtags in the caption or comments of your post. T a photo or video with a hashtag. You can use up to 30 hashtags per caption.
This is another platform that attracts people for its visually appealing content.
12. The target audience for Pinterest is women, so keep this in mind when posting. Include engaging photos and appropriate hashtags just as you would in Instagram.
13. Pinterest should supplement other lead generation efforts. Use it to create boards for patients and followers based on your services. Include your accomplishments with comments, likes and “Repins.”
LinkedIn is a great way to attract clients (mostly business people) to your dental practice. When you provide helpful information that appeals to business people on LinkedIn, they will look to you as the expert you are. This builds interest, trust, and allows you to promote, and sell your dental services.
14. Create your own LinkedIn Group. This is a great way to attract followers who want up-to-date information about dental health. Develop a subject as a reason for your group, and position yourself as an expert in the field (perhaps a subject like dental implants).
15. Participate in other LinkedIn Groups. By doing so, you can highlight your profile and attract followers. Once you’ve positioned yourself as a dental expert, and a knowledgeable resource, you’ll have an opportunity to promote your business.
16. Promote your LinkedIn Page via other marketing vehicles. Just like you did with Facebook, including a link to your LinkedIn Page on your website, in emails, sales letters, newsletters, and other collateral materials. Spread a “wide net” to attract as many followers to your Page as possible.
17. Take advantage of LinkedIn Follow Ads. Follow Ads can be promoted to people in your area. They help you reach and attract the right followers — those who are interested in the dental services you provide, and in an area that you cover. Be sure to add a LinkedIn “Follow” button to your website.
18. Ask your employees to be LinkedIn “Ambassadors.” After all, they are some of your best advocates. Ask them to create personal LinkedIn profiles that include your business name, and a link to your website.
Contact the team at NOVA for other social media and IT tips. In the meantime, it’s essential for you to stay up-to-date on what’s happening in the world of IT. We make it easy by posting newsworthy articles on our Blog. Here’s a sample of what you’ll find:
Vienna Family Dental & Facial Aesthetics Chooses NOVA For Dental IT Services
12 Dental Management Platforms You Should Be Aware Of
Can Business Benefit From Microsoft Office 365?
As a consultant to dental practices, I help my clients maximize what can be done with their technology to maximize production and profit.