How To Optimize Your Dental Practice’s Communication
Tip: How To Optimize Your Dental Practice’s Communication
A key priority in practice management is how you and your staff communicate — the right dental software will optimize these processes.
Communication with your patients is a vital part of the care you give.
Whether you need to inform them of a change to their appointment, give them the results of a test, or whatever else, you need to be able to share data with those you care for. When you do share this data, it needs to be done securely, and ideally, it will occur via a method the patient prefers.
In other words, you shouldn’t still be relying on phone calls and in-person appointments for all of your communication.
Technology Can Help You Improve The Way You Communicate
Similar to Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions, your dental software should make communication a simple process. The right solution will automate the following tasks:
- Confirming appointments, helping to reduce late and no-show appointments
- Sending welcome packages to new patients that sign up at your practice
- Marketing to and reactivating past patients with mass communications based on short-term promotions.
Beyond automation, the dental software you choose should also offer new ways of communication that allow your patients to interact the way they prefer. Instead of having to call each patient anytime you need to make contact, you should instead be able to send a text or email easily, based on what they prefer.
The Right Solution Will Connect You With Your Patients
You should be enjoying a range of modern communication capabilities that keep in touch with your patients — NOVA can deliver them to your practice.
We can integrate your phone systems and practice management software with the right patient communication platform, providing a range of benefits:
- Improve Productivity: When your patient data is integrated seamlessly with your communications, each and every interaction with patients becomes more convenient. Your administrative staff can easily view the necessary patient data whenever the patient in question calls your office, providing valuable information on their medical history, upcoming appointments, and pending payments.
- Communicate How The Patient Prefers: Not all of your patients like to be called on the phone. Shouldn’t you be able to communicate with them in the way they prefer? NOVA will equip your staff with the ability to send vital information over text to your patients, confirming appointments, sending reminders of upcoming payments, and more.
- Streamline Bookkeeping: This type of solution will also benefit your efforts to collect outstanding balances and make sure patients understand their payment timelines. The automated and text-based features will also help to better inform patients of upcoming appointments, helping to decrease no-shows and make better use of your staff’s time during the workday.
- Build Your Reputation: Patients will prefer to work with a dentist that communicates with them the way they like, and who makes it easy for them to stay on top of appointments and payments. This will give you a competitive edge against other practices that still rely on conventional hard copy documents and telephone-based interactions.
Do You Have Questions About Practice Management Technology?
With all the advantages that an optimized communication platform provides for practices like yours, doesn’t it make sense to use one? That said, transitioning to a system isn’t necessarily easy — the good news is, you don’t have to do it on your own.
If you have questions about harnessing technology to support your practice management processes, get in touch with Dan and the NOVA Computer Solutions team.
As a consultant to dental practices, I help my clients maximize what can be done with their technology to maximize production and profit.